Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yummy food

So since we haven't been getting our meals from The Ranger Grill everyday anymore, we have started cooking for ourselves again (for like the first time in 5 months). This brought me back to some of our favorite recipes:
  • Cheesy chicken enchiladas: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/our-perfect-zesty-chicken-62841.aspx Now, I think it's kinda gross to put Miracle Whip in my food, so I substitute it with cream of chicken and a dollop of sour cream. I also cut the recipe in half since the two of us can't eat 16 enchiladas. Much more better (poor English here is attributed to Jack Sparrow, not me).

  • Beef Stroganoff: One can cream of mushroom, one can milk, 1/3 cup sour cream- mix in pan and add mushrooms if desired. For you noodles, I highly recommend wide egg noodles. Boil them and add 'em in (or pour the sauce over them...your choice). For the meat, I recommend Swedish Meatballs from IKEA. Yum :) However, ground beef, strip steak, or grocery store meatballs work. We tried Philly steak in it...no bueno.

No comments: