Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baby List & Colors

So, everyone has been asking either me or my mom what I do/don't have for the baby (and yes, I'm registered at Target, the second most frequent question I get). Most of the time, off of the top of my head, I don't know what I do/don't have. I decided that I would list everything so that anyone can take a look. Plus, doing this gives me a good reason to start sorting through her stuff and it gives me something to do to break up the monotony of the day. I'm bored a lot.

Also, everyone keeps asking what her colors are. Here is the link to her bed set: Ladybug bed set
We are trying to stick with brighter pinks/greens and not so much the pastel colors.

Essentials that I do NOT have
  • Crib
  • Crib mattress
  • Bassinet
  • Stroller
  • Car seat
  • Newborn, size 1, and size 2 diapers
  • Burping cloths
  • Bibs
  • Onesies/layettes size 0-6 months
  • Diaper bag
Non essentials that I do NOT have
  • Toys
  • Baby hangers
  • Teething rings
  • Baby monitor
  • Breast pump
  • Baby bouncer
  • Play gym
  • Bottle cleaners
  • Bottle drying rack
  • Baby tub
  • High chair
  • Baby carrier/sling
  • Diaper Genie
  • Bottle/wipe warmer
  • Car window shades
  • Blessing dress
  • Shoes/booties
  • Hygiene kit (like baby nail clippers, thermometer, etc...)
What I DO have
  • Clothes size 6-18 months ( a lot)
  • 1-6pk of pacifiers 0-6 months (Avent brand)
  • 1-6pk of pacifiers 6-12 months (Avent brand)
  • 1-3pk of bottles (Gerber Brand) And just as a side note, I don't know what brand of bottles/nipples she'll respond best to when the time comes, so I'm a little unsure about what I need.
  • 1 baby powder
  • About 800 baby wipes (literally, I bought a case)
  • 1-Bath robe and bath towel
  • 1-Bath soap/shampoo
  • 2 boxes/each of oatmeal/rice
  • Oral/tooth care kit
  • 1-12 pack of baby wash cloths
  • Books, like Dr. Seuss, Disney, etc...
  • Diapers size 3-6, various amounts, up to 100-ish/each
  • Crib set with an extra sheet, dust ruffle, and matching 4 pk of receiving blankets
  • 1 fluffy blanket
  • 3 sippy cups
  • A "I am a child of God" picture frame














Here is her closet thus far. Starting on the left from that white & red old navy bag to the big Gymboree bag is 0-6 mo. clothes. From the Gymboree bag to the next Old Navy bag is 6-12 months. Old Navy to white bag is 12-18 months and the end is 18-24 months. And yes, those bags are all full of clothes. I don't have any baby hangers to hang the rest.

1 comment:

RaeAnna said...

Thanks for the update! This gives me some great ideas of what to get. Love you!