Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthday Season

In our family, we have 6 birthdays in 2 months. It all begins at the end of August with John, and ends in October with me (Rachel). This week we had two birthdays, my mom (17th) and Brenan (16th). Traditionally, we celebrate "birthday week" which means that something fun is done everyday during the week of your birthday. Here was our eventful week:

Monday: Spaghetti night mmmm.... We had the day off and relaxed at home. I ran to the library and got 2 books for Brenan and I to share : Dereliction of Duty: The Eyewitness Account of How Bill Clinton Compromised America's National Security and Jack and Jackie: Portrait of an American Marriage. For some reason we've been into political/history books lately. By the way, Bill Clinton is an idiot/skeeze.

Tuesday: Another day off from work. Brenan and I left early early to get to Park City by 9:30 for my interview at the St. Regis hotel. I got offered the job (on the spot) after a highly unorganized interview, but hey, who am I to complain?? Then, we drove to Salt Lake to spend the day there for Brenan's (early) b-day. We went and did a live session at the Salt Lake temple (my first time there), then we went to lunch at the Joseph Smith Memorial building. Brenan got the Turkey dinner (which was HUGE) and I got the tomato romano soup and a club sandwhich. The tomato soup was pure bliss. After a filling lunch, we walked over to Deseret Book and got Brenan a new CTR ring.


To end the day, we stopped in Park City and got Cold Stone ice cream (yum) and came home to our puppy :)

Wednesday: Brenan's actual birthday. We worked 1-8. It was slow so we came home early. My parents bought him a triple chocolate cake (which we promptly scarfed down) and some other treats. It was late, so we put in State of Play which was a way better movie than I thought it would be (I highly dislike Russell Crowe as a person). I actually stayed up and watched the entire thing. On a side note, this is the night our bedroom light broke. We have been in the dark since then. Literally, not metaphorically. The TV is our new light. Suck.

Thursday: My mom's birthday. She got a pedicure and we spent the day up in Park City shopping and having fun. I let her use my discount at Banana Republic and Old Navy, and we both got some cute clothes! Then, she took me to see Julie & Julia which I absolutely LOVED! I'm a sucker for anything French, plus I love to cook and blog, so this movie was made for me.
Winding up our events for the week brings us to today. At 9 a.m. sharp, we toured our new apartment, put down a deposit, and got all of our paperwork! We should be moving-in sometime next week. Our treat for the day was... CAFE RIO! If you have not eaten here, it is a fiesta in the mouth that words can barely describe. We got, as usual, a fire-grilled steak burrito, pinto beans, mild sauce- nothing extra or fancy. Except for the fact that the dude at the counter was a HUGE idiot and made it without asking us what we wanted. Lucky for him, he paid for his mistakes. Tonight we would have gone to the Wasatch High School game, but a) Brenan had to take a quiz before 8 (and we got off work at 7) and b) the beautiful rain and lightening storms was not something I wanted to sit through.
Until Thurday, I have been unable to find any of our batteries for our camera. We buy rechargeable batteries because they last longer and regular ones die in about 5 seconds-- hence the reason I wouldn't buy any replacements; however, while shopping with my mom I had had enough. I caved in and bought new batteries and have no excuse to not be taking pictures. Am I sad I missed taking birthday pics? Absolutely :( Sorry I have no real pictures to post for birthday week.

3 comments:

Amber said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! Birthday extravaganza!

So, live session? Never done one, was it cool?

Next, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENAN!@! I called, he didn't answer. Guess he's pulling an Amber.

Next, your Mom's birthday sounded more like your birthday (gotta love when that happens, ha!)

Next, exciting news about the apartment... can't wait to see pic's.

And finally, I felt soooooooo bad when I read that no one came to your scrapbooking party! Ridiculous!! That's what always happens, you do a lot of work and no one shows!
I will totally buy some scrapbook stuff from you. I will check out the website and let you know what I want.

Over and Out

RCole said...

Birthdays aren't over yet... The next round of birthdays are Sunday and next Thursday. It's like it never ends.

Live session = awesome. We were the witness couple, too! It's cute to watch the old temple workers act.

Apartment pics are one their way- we just got new batteries, and then I forgot the camera at my parents house. Plus, we haven't unpacked everything/decorated yet, so it's kinda bare right now...

Also, how is Brave? We saw the picture of him... poor little guy :(

Mikaela said...

Sounds like a fun week!
Julie & Julia is so cute right?
Meryl Streep does such an awesome job.
& I just saw a live session like a month ago! The old people are so cute!