Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Car troubles

We have had a hectic month of car issues, most of it happening this week. To start, I got a flat tire about 3 weeks ago. So, I drove my car as little as possible since I had that little doughnut rubber spare. This meant using Brenan's truck, which is a gas hog. $65 to fill up/week. Suck. So, then I convince my dad to buy me a new tire for Christmas. Good bye $110. I did this Friday afternoon so that I could go down the Price to watch the wrestling tournament and see the fam. I decided to treat my baby to some Premium gas to make her happy. Not so. As we were leaving Price, it started to act funny. Just 10 miles into the journey the lights all dim down, all the warning lights come on and everything starts jerking and it's ready to die on this huge hill. So, for our safety we turn around and coast down into Helper's only gas station. We park, check all gauges, belts, fluid levels, owners manual, etc... Nothing is wrong. It starts right back up like nothing was ever wrong. Then the debate began: stay here and have it checked out, most likely not returning home until Monday, or chance it. Brenan's parents parked in Green River just in case they needed to come save us, but with their advice and our own thinking we decided to chance it. So, we take it easy driving home, hoping that we don't get stuck in the snow in the middle of the pass... We were just praying that we would at least make it to Spanish Fork, and if we got stuck again we would just stay with relatives. We got home safely late Saturday night and decided to pick up Brenan's truck Monday morning (he left it there to ride the bus down with the team) on our way to work. We arrive at the school: no truck. HIS TRUCK WAS TOWED! Like a miracle, all of the principals jump on their phones and start calling around and within 5 minutes, his truck was found and he was on his way to pick it up. The Athletic Director gave the towing company the ol' 1,2 and we got it back for free (they can't tow without school permission). Then, last night, as I'm driving home from work in the freezing conditions, my car lights start to dim again about 3 miles from home. My blinkers are barely working and my headlights are turning off. Luckily, I was able to pull in to my parking space just as my car died. I turned it off. I tried to turn it on again- nothing. It wouldn't even turn over. Great. Broken car again! Then this morning, it started up like nothing was wrong! What is wrong with my car?! I think it's possessed. Hopefully the shop can figure out the problem when I take it in. And, to my good fortune, it's under warranty. It's just a huge nuisance.

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

aw that all sucks! :(
Oh and I watched Glee last night. I can't believe how it ended and how long we have to wait to see what happens!