Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Pearl Harbor Day

I think that saying, "Happy Pearl Harbor Day" may be an...the word is escaping me...idio...something...
Anyway, I think that it may contradict itself, however, I say it because today is the day that I remember Pearl Harbor. Every year on this day I watch the movie Pearl Harbor that came out in 2001. The very first time I saw it happened to be on December 7, 2001, the 60th anniversary of the bombing. This was completely unintentional, but my friend Valena and I watched it together, crying, of course. I remember my step-dad walking in and making fun of us, but oh well. It's a sad movie. Let's be honest, the bombing of Pearl Harbor was a very sad event in the history of the war. Anyway, tonight Brenan and I will be continuing the tradition by watching the movie tonight.
Remember your veterans!

1 comment:

Emily Claire said...

We had a pearl harbor day once! We should have done our hair and put on makeup but we were too tired...2006... before my life went crazy.