Thursday, October 13, 2011

Four Months old!

I can hardly stand the thought that my little girl is already four months old. And since I'm posting this a little late, she is technically four months and one week old. Our little girl now weighs 13 lbs 5.5 oz and is 23.5" long! Pretty much she has tripled in body weight since her birth and she has grown 6 inches. Currently she can hold her head up sans help and she is really starting to love tummy time. Our biggest new thing is that she has begun eating baby cereal. She is doing pretty good at eating from a spoon, but she gets distracted by the cereal bowls (they have flowers and butterflies on them). Dad and I decided to take her off of her medicines and to let her body regulate itself. This is a good thing :) This week at her 4-month check up the doctor was very impressed with her progress and told us that she had caught up developmentally, which is HUGE since she was premature. We are very excited about this. Our little Jules is all smiles and giggles and recently has begun, what we call, yelling talking. She's not crying or upset, she just yells when she "talks." She is also working on sitting up on her own, and though she has the strength, she doesn't quite have the coordination. She is all about her hands and playing with her monkey and rabbit toy things. She wants to suck on anything she can get her hands on! She also loves to hold her feet and roll from side to side.

I apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures. I just found my camera cord so in the future I shouldn't have to use my phone to take pictures anymore.
 Here's Jules in her Halloween shirt (more Halloween pics to come). It says "I'm batty for mommy"

 This was taken yesterday at Cabellas. My mom was talking to her and getting her to smile. She loves grandma!

 I consider this purple outfit her first big girl outfit! She is so stinkin' cute I can barely handle it!!

She LOVES her hands and is always sucking on her fingers or grabbing her feet!

No comments: