Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Back to the blog

I have missed blogging, a lot. Life has been absolutely hectic since October and I finally feel like life is back to normal. This year I really want to share as much as I can with everyone, including things like our adventures in potty training, the kids' growth and development, crafty ideas, recipes, etc... I want to try and make the blog as diverse as possible!

So, better late than never, here is a recap of our 2012...

january we got a surprise and found out i was pregnant. This didn't coincide well with my school plans, but I soon learned that my plans and the Lord's plans were different. In february we moved to our townhouse which I absolutely loved and I miss it incredibly. That was the first place that really felt like a home to me since being married. In march I pretty much gave up on school due to my pregnancy but we also found out we were having a boy, and in entered Jackson into our hearts. In April we got to visit with the Cole family (they came here to buy a car from Brenan) and we spent our first night away from Julia. Nerve wrecked much?? I think she did better than us. In May Orem Mazda paid for a vacay for the entire dealership to Wendover and we got our second night away from Julia. Since we were coming up on Mother's Day I got a spa day while the boys gambled and golfed. May was also the worst month for car sales. In June we had my dad and Lorraine out to our house for a week and they were here for Alex's graduation and Julia's first birthday. Brenan's fam surprised us and came out for her bday as well- they are the best. We spent a lot of time at 7 Peaks as well, just before I got too pregnant to go. At the end of June we got to go to Colorado to see all of the Cole family (including Amber and her boys) and Julia and I met Deb and the boys  for the first time. In July I did a lot of chillin since I was very preggers and it was hot. We spent the 4th with my parents at East Canyon Resort and had a bbq and swam. August was probably my most favorite month. Julia and I flew to Oregon for my grandma's 85th birthday and we had a Fuentez family reunion. It was the first time any one from that side of the family had met Julia. A few days later (at 34 weeks pregnant) we had our first "false" alarm. I had contractions 3 min apart so I was admitted to the hospital where they gave me shots to stop labor. Two weeks later Jackson decided he couldn't wait any longer and he was born on the 29th, just in time for birthday season. September had 3 birthdays, but it seems like we didn't do anything too eventful. I think we were more concerned with football, namely The Broncos...October is when all hell broke loose. Brenan interviewed and was hired for a job in Texas. I stayed behind to get the house packed, our contract sold, and everything in order to leave. For Halloween we went trick or treating with the Greens and also went to a party at my mom's house. In November me and the kids moved in with my family and did a whole lot of nothing for a month. In December we decided that Texas wasn't going to happen, so Brenan came home. I was so happy to have that month and a half over with. We had a nice Christmas with all of the Devey side of the family and Brenan and I were just glad to be back together again. We moved to Saratoga Springs at the end of the month, and that pretty much puts us up to where we are now.

More to come...

No comments: