Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sweet Potato Smoothie

Before you cringe, hear me out on this one because it was totally delicious. I worked at Jamba Juice for a year and a half and so I know my way around a blender. To make my family healthier I started buying V8 Fusion (fruit and veggie juice) and adding it to our smoothies instead of using just fruit juice. Then I saw on the label that they used sweet potato juice...you'd never know by the taste of it. If you like tropical type smoothies then this one is a winner. And, my picky husband drank it and loved it, so did the kids!

Ingredients
8 oz V8 Tropical OJ (normal OJ will work, too)
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 small banana
1/2 mango (if you don't have this then don't worry)
1/2 baked sweet potato
5-10 soy milk ice cubes**

Blend and enjoy.

**pour soymilk into an ice tray and freeze. It's a great source of protein for your shake.

No comments: