Monday, April 22, 2013

Dress Alteration

I decided to call this an alteration instead of a refashion since I didn't change the actual dress itself, I just added material to alter its length. I got this dress as my Easter gift to me and little did I know that it was just a smidge short in the back (thanks to this ghetto booty, I'm sure) so I decided that it needed to be lengthened. The only trouble with it was that I couldn't find any eyelet fabric at JoAnns, so I had to use eyelet-type ribbon/trim. It still turned out cute though and I'm very thankful for the extra inches!

Here is the dress before.

I pinned my eyelet trim just under the bottom scallop of the dress and sewed slowly.

I left some extra trim at the beginning so that when I had made the complete circle around the bottom I would have somewhere to sew the end of the trim to.

Then I sewed the two ends of the trim together, and afterwards sewed the seam flat.

Then I added my second row of trim, sewing it just at the bottom of the scalloped edge (again).

 Repeated sewing the ends together, and sewing the seam flat to the dress.

Voila! Super quick fix and it turned out great!


No comments: