Monday, April 8, 2013

Greek Yogurt Recommendations

Greek yogurt has been this new-ish product that I have had a lot of interest in, especially now that it has become mainstream. However, it is kind of expensive so before I jumped in and started buying a lot I wanted to see which was the best to like. Here is what I found.

Fage 
Hands down my favorite and here's why. It is super thick and the little side cup of fruit/honey gives it just enough sweetness. It almost reminds me of eating cheesecake...enough said.

Chobani
I think that this brand has probably the largest selection of flavors, however their Greek yogurt is not as thick as others. I really enjoy the thickness, but if it is off-putting to you, try these guys out.

Oikos
No, John Stamos doesn't really appear when you eat this, but this is my second favorite Greek yogurt. I like having the fruit on the bottom, not mixed in, and this has a nice creamy thickness to it. 

Yoplait Greek
It wasn't memorable. Not horrible but not amazing either. It had a medium thickness to it, like Chobani.

Great Value (Walmart)
Equally as good as Dannon's Oikos, but cheaper. This is what I usually buy :)

Liberté
For supposedly being French I was disappointed. If you've ever been to Europe their yogurt is SO much better...not this one. It was about the same thickness as Chobani. I was kind of disappointed.

Kroger
They have a very unique selection, like a berry lemon that I love, but I don't particularly enjoy Splenda/Stevia as my yogurt sweetner. And for whatever reason their yogurt seems to have more protein than other Greek yogurts...weird, but really nice! They have a light and regular version and I definitely recommend the regular kind. The light Greek yogurt was bland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I've be aware your stuff prior to and you are just too magnificent. I actually like what you've obtained here, certainly like what
you are stating and the way by which you say it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay it sensible.
I can not wait to learn far more from you.

That is actually a terrific web site.

Feel free to visit my web page ... diets that work for women