Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Smore night

The night started out innocently. We set up our fire pit in the back yard so that we could make smores. The downside to a new house is that we don't know the sprinkler schedules or how to shut them off. So, about 5 minutes into the firelog lighting, the sprinklers go off and we are running and screaming across the yard to try and escape. The only problem is that the firepit, chairs, smores, and camera are still sitting in the middle of the sprinklers. So, after three trips, Brenan and I pulled everything out- soaking wet. Luckily, the camera was ok. Our ghetto solution was to put the pit on the front patio where we would be safe from the rest of the sprinklers.By this point, we were wet and cold. I held most of the enthusiasm for roasting the marshmallows, so I roasted and they ate.

1 comment:

Amber said...

WOOHOOOO Rachel!! I am glad that I can now comment that Brenan looks AWESOME with his pants rolled up. Oh and his skin is looking silky smooth, nice =)

I am jealous that A. I didn't get to eat sweet corn and B. that I didn't get to laugh at Brenan singing at the corn fest.... good times!