Saturday, July 31, 2010

12 days

Do you know what it's like to work 12 days in a row?! It's crazy. And ridiculously tiresome. Your mind turns to blob and funny/bad things happen. Here's a glimpse:

Fun/silly things:
  • I finally, FINALLY got to see Inception. I feel like I'm the last person in the world to have seen it. I loved it. We sat in those new red seats (I think that's the name) and they vibrate with the action of the movie. It was pretty sweet. Downside: I was so tired that I couldn't fully take in the awesomeness/ think hard enough about the depth of the movie. However, I plan on seeing it again.
  • Brenan and I got to get away on a couple of "date" nights. Movie, dinner, perusing. It was fun. We ate at a restaurant called Thyme Bistro in Park City. I give it a 6. Slow service, mediocre food, and it's over priced. However, the chandeliers made of forks, spoons, and knives was pretty cool. I wish I would've taken a picture. 
  • Thursday, my favorite day of the week. You know why??? FARMER'S MARKET! Heber has a pretty good sized market and I love going. Brenan and I had dinner there (me, my favorite fish tacos and he had carne asada. I went back for more...) and bought some cool stuff. I got the BEST honey I have ever tasted. Lately, I have become a honey snob. I hope to never eat clover honey again. The local honey I bought is better for you (if you have allergies, which I don't) and it is a million times better. I tasted a high desert alfalfa honey, which was interesting; and then I tried an orchard honey (my fav), and a wildflower honey, also good. My physical therapist recommended that I get a hot pack for my muscles/tendinitis and I found the most magnificent rice/lavender bag there. I love it. A lot. Lastly, we got yummy local fruit and listened to the band.
  • Watching the pugs run around on hardwood floors is more amusing than it should be. They can't keep their balance/grip the floor so they slide around everywhere/ run into stuff. I need to get a life.
The retarded side:
  • I don't know what day it is. All of my days run together. I wake up, go to work, come home, eat, go to bed. Everyday. It definitely feels like a Friday, but I'm mostly sure it's Saturday.
  • I keep typing words wrong. My brain is so gone that if I'm see some other word while I'm typing, I'll type the wrong word in it's place. Like "see it" came out as "season". Ugh.
  • I'm tired. And I get grumpy and yell at people.
  • My house is a mess. The only laundry I do is black socks and my whites. Separated, of course.
  • I forget what to say on the phone. Multitasking is a no-no. 
  • People yell at me for stupid things that I can't do/help them with. i.e. explain why we don't have buffalo wings, fish & chips, and chips & salsa. P.S. people, we're at a 5-star resort, not Wingers. I'm sorry you have the munchies, but our menu hasn't changed since you got here. Not that you'd know because you clearly haven't read it.
  • I can't remember what I did this week. I have to ask other people.
  • People at work can't function by themselves sometimes, so I have to stay an extra hour, leaving at midnight just to be back at seven. Which, doesn't sound that bad except I didn't get home until after 12, went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 5:30 after a 12 hour day.
  • I don't get paid overtime. Since I haven't officially switched departments, they still consider the extra tips I make to make up for my overtime. Lame.
Tomorrow, glorious tomorrow is my first day off in 12 days. I will celebrate my anniversary with the hubs after church, and it will be magnificent. I even get to sleep in until 7:30!! How sick is that?

No comments: