Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joy is...















Freshman year a friend named Spencer freaked out that I had never been to Einstein Bagel. I'm not from Utah so it's not that big of a deal to me, but to him it was almost sacrilegious. From time to time at Banana Republic our managers bring in Einstein Bagels, usually during the holidays as a "treat" since we're so busy. I always thought they were fantastic until Monday when Lisa brought in her left-over Einstein with Pumpkin Shmear. This is beyond fantastic. I could literally eat the cream cheese plain. Needless to say, I'm in love. I love pumpkin flavored odds and ends during the holidays but this is the best! Today, after buying my tickets to a special premiere of Harry Potter, I made my first trip into an Einstein Bros Bagel store. It was heavenly. I knew immediately that I needed a bucket of 13 bagels (which I froze; the trick is to individually wrap them, then put them in a freezer bag) and my 2 shmears. Pumpkin was a definite foot in, no doubt about that, but what did I want my second shmear to be? Sun-dried tomato & basil shmear had me at hello. Once I got home with my wonderful assortment of tasty bagels, I opened my box to discover I had received a $5 gift card for my next purchase. I think that this is the beginning of a wonderful relationship and I will be returning to Einstein Bagels soon. Very soon.
 
The ever fantastic eat-it-plain shmear















And it's cousin the close runner up

No comments: