Saturday, February 16, 2013

Diaper Recommendations

I am the most finicky/picky shopper. It annoys Brenan because I can't just make a purchase, I need to know the competitor's product, price points, and reviews whether it is a big purchase like a TV or something small, like yogurt. I decided to share some of the different products I've tried because it's not always easy and I just wish I had a little product reviewer in my ear whispering to me what I should buy. So here is the first line up of products:

Huggies Little Snugglers & Little Movers


Huggies are my favorite, I don't buy them as often since they are expensive. They are what fit my baby the best and are the least troublesome, i.e. less leaks, no chaffing, don't fall off. The only downside is that they are the most expensive. If you go to Huggies.com they have coupons from time-to-time.

Huggies Snug & Dry

This is their less expensive diaper and I don't care for them as much. They are more "papery" feeling and they chaffed Julia a lot. I would not bother buying these over the Little Movers/Little Snugglers which are way better quality than these.

Pampers

For being a "name brand" and as expensive as Huggies, these diapers are my least favorite. They don't have the scrunch in the back that helps contain blowouts and they have a funny smell. Plus they don't absorb as well and their velcro/tape waste band makes them not fit well.

Target Brand

Target brand is what we use in our house and we love them. They fit well, absorb well, and they are just as good as Huggies considering they are a store brand. HOWEVER Target does not have a universal diaper across all stores. In Utah they use a circle design and those are the winners. When I was in Oregon we bought some and they had a star design and it was a completely different diaper and they were the worst. If you buy these check the design first.

Western Family Brand
We bought these and I would say they are so-so. I didn't love the fit/waistband, but we didn't have any issues with absorption. They didn't have the size printed on them and that is the worst when you have two kids in two separate sizes.

Smith's Brand

I'd say these were a little better than Western Family, we had some issues with how they fit.


I put Luvs in the same category as Pampers, but they cost less so it doesn't make me as upset to use them. We have a bunch that were given to us, and are using them, but I would not buy them on my own.

Walmart Brand

The worst, hands down. Didn't fit or absorb well.

Sam's Club Brand

I thought they were pretty decent, I only had a few to try since they were a small sample pack, but I remember liking them and it's a great deal. The downside is that you have to have a Sam's club membership, so the membership fee may not pay off if you don't buy other things.

Fisher Price Brand

I've only ever seen these at Baby's R Us, but I really liked them. I got them on sale so I don't remember the price point, but if you're ever there they are worth a try! I just don't go there that often...

No comments: