Friday, May 10, 2013

Back of the House: Introduction

It has taken me a really long time to put pen to paper with regards to Back of the House. I have always envisioned it in my mind as an episode of The Office, but after a while I realized that as funny as that may be, it wasn't really what working there was like most of the time. I realized that my thoughts-turned-stories were more of a drama with bits of comedy sprinkled in...a dramedy???

Since some of my friends still work at The Resort, I will use fictitious names throughout. And no, it wasn't really called "The Resort." As I get all of my names sorted and thoughts organized I hope that it will be an enjoyable thing to read about the experiences I/we had there. The only person's identity who I won't change is my mom's because it is integral to know that a mother/daughter pair worked together. Plus, she helps fill in the gaps with some of the stories. All of these experiences either happened to me, I watched them happen, or they were relayed to me from someone directly involved. The hearsay is quite entertaining as well and I'll let you know what it is when I come across it. Also, I'm calling each section "chapters" but in reality they're more like mini-chapters. Or sections. Or...I don't know...a short story.

With all of that being said, I hope you enjoy chapter1 of Back of the House.

No comments: