Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pork Carnitas

From nowhere I had this huge craving for pork carnitas. I searched all over to find the kind that I was looking for and I finally found it on Our Best Bites (big surprise). I made some changes since I didn't have 4 lbs of pork, but for the most part I stuck to their recipe. I omitted the bay leaf (don't have any...) and added 1/2 a seeded/veined jalapeno. This was some righteous pork and even the hubs liked it!


For the pico-type topping:
1/2 roma tomato, diced
1/4 diced onion
1/2 jalapeno, diced
1 TBS lime juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
Mix and garnish :)



For the cabbage slaw:
1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
1 TBS lime juice
1 TBS orange juice
1/2 tea red wine vinegar
Pinch of sugar, salt,and pepper
Mix everything together and let it sit for 10 minutes to soften up, then serve over carnitas.





No comments: