Thursday, May 16, 2013

BotH: chapter 3

Chapter 3
The Hotel Heiress
Sundance was my first encounter with any celebrities at the hotel. Other departments had already been working with them, so I was excited to finally get my chance to see one. I was a greeter at the main entrance for a Toyota-sponsored event in which I handed each guest a spiked hot chocolate as they came in. As I was standing there at the doors Paris Hilton walked out to wait for her ride into town. She wasn't party of the Toyota-sponsored event but she still managed to get her photo opp in front of their banners. Did you know she smokes? I didn't until then...Anyway, I saw her for two minutes and I thought that was pretty cool.
A couples of days later I was grabbing extra hours by helping out in private dining (room service) when Candace and I were asked to go do a clean up in a room that hadn't been serviced for a day so we both needed to go. When we got to the room no one was there and as we cleaned I noticed the room was full of soda bottles laying on the ground that were half full, food barely eaten off its plates with cigarettes put out on them, and mostly that it wreaked of smoke (and not just cigarette smoke). Some of the food had been there for days and the room was crowded with shopping bags and luggage so it was hard to navigate through everthing. This particular suite had the living room and bedroom separate and as Candace was in the bedroom I noticed all of the luggage had Paris Hilton written all over it, kind of like how Louis Vuitton does his luggage. I remember saying to Candace, "who would want Paris Hilton written all over their luggage?" Duh, right?! That was the look Candace gave me, too...my poor brain took nearly five minutes to realize whose room I was in! What struck me the most was how small of a room she had, especially considering the posse she had with her.
I hope they charged her for smoking in her room...

No comments: